I will provide you a How to Start Your Online Business now. This will be the first thing that you should do to prepare yourself for an online business opportunity. This will be a long read but if you are really serious about starting your online business, it will be worth it.
Be an Entrepreneur
You should meet up these requirements or at least on your way to be there:
- The ability to learn – entrepreneurs tend to be good at networking. They benefit from being members of an organization where they can learn best practice ideas from others. They are actually humble enough to learn from others.
- Self-confidence – they believe in their own abilities and ideas. They will not shy away from rejections.
- Being innovative/inventive – They are able to generate ideas, either for new products/services or new ways of applying them.
- Self-motivation and determination – they will not give up. They will keep going and see things through.
- Showing initiative – they will move first and with detail plans of action.
- Analytical abilities – they are capable of researching and evaluating each aspect of the business.
- The ability to make decisions and to take (considered) risks – Any business decision will always have risks. It is an entrepreneur’s responsibility to assess any risks and take actions.
- A focus on results – They will always start with an end in mind.
I hope I am not demotivating you with all those characteristics. I am just preparing of what the future holds when you decided to have your own business. I do not want you to fail. But if you are ready to start, click here.
Why people fails at starting their online business now?
The statistics for successful businesses is a bit gloomy. 8 out of 10 entrepreneurs who start businesses fail within the first 18 months. Should this worry you?Of course, it should.
But I will give you a list of why people fails, so you can avoid them and be a successful online business entrepreneur.
- It is not their passion. I bet that you are looking for an online business opportunity because you are burned out at your current work situation. You need a new job or even starting your own business. But you should remember that a burn out will always happen when you are not passionate about what you are doing. That’s why I recommend you to make a list of what you are passionate about and start from there.
- They choose a common thing. It is not wrong if you would like to open an ordinary coffee shop. But you will face a huge competition. That’s why I will encourage you to get a niche in your passion.
- They are not original. Many “ready made” websites are being offered online. You should NOT choose this path. This includes any online businesses that will tell you they have a ready website for you to use. Those “ready made” websites are exactly the same and search engines do not like them.
- They do not have supports. Successful entrepreneurs surround themselves with like minded people. From that group of people, they will have tools and resources to help them boost their online business.
- They forget to make profits. Sounds weird, right? But most people who started a business forget this point at all. They are too busy doing something else. In an online business, you have to monetize your websites. How else do you make money? You must sell products and/or services.
What type of website platforms for your online business now?
Now you already know what to avoid when starting an online business. By the way, I’m assuming that you know that when you want to have an online business, you have to have a website.
A website of your own is the utmost important thing.
I really recommend WordPress for you to use. It is so easy to use. There are thousands of themes that you can choose. Your website will not look like mass produced ready made websites. There is no limitation on how you design your website.
WordPress is loved by Google. This is another reason why you should choose WordPress.
Even though I said WordPress is easy to use, I remember I have to go through a learning curve. But I managed to get by with the help from a lot of supports. Remember point no 4 above?
Your online business hosting now.
There are hundreds of website hosting. Some of good but you have to stay away from the cheap hosting providers. They are cheap for a reason.
Things that you should consider when choosing a website hosting provider:
- Security. They must be able to protect your website from spammers, scammers, adult contents, and illegal activities.
- Support. They must have a 24/7 support. They must respond with the quickest time possible. Preferably within 24 hours. (Mind you, in the fast pace of internet, a day is already too long).
- Bandwidth. They will need to allocate enough bandwidth so your website will be fast enough. You may already have encountered a slow website. I bet you left immediately before allowing the website fully shown.
- Reputation. You should check a lot of reviews on any of your soon to be provider.
With all of the above considerations, I recommend you to a very reliable internet hosting provider. This provider even gives you 2 free websites for you to design. This is also for you to experience their service.
The fun part 1 – Your online business content now.
When you are designing your website, please choose a simple and clean website. Why? Because people will be interested in your CONTENT, not the beautifully designed website.
Ask this to yourself, do you come for information (content) or to view a beautiful website? What is your answer?
Because of that, you should add contents regularly. Contents can be articles, videos, and images. But the most important of them is articles.
What? I have to write articles?
Yes, you do. It will be difficult at first if you are not accustomed to writing an article. But trust me, it will get easier as you write more and more articles. I remembered that my first article was a 300 words article. I thought I already wrote everything that I know about the topic. But look at this article. It is still in the middle of the post, it already has almost a 1,000 words. (I did warn you that this is a long post).
But I don’t know what to write!
Yes, you do. Remember that I told you to pick a passion of yours? I bet when you talk about your passion, nobody can stop you. You just keep going on and on and on. You can check my hobby at shaving in my Be Shaved website. In there, I just keep finding things to talk about.
If your passion is your children, you can talk about them. What kind of clothing? What activities do they do during spring/ summer/ autumn/ winter? What food / recipe that you serve for them? How about their education? So many to talk about, right?
If your passion is traveling, you can talk about it, too. What gears you should bring? Where to go to a secluded spot? What to eat? The best budget hotel? The best 5 stars hotel? Tons of things you can talk about.
In short, if you are passionate, you will not hit a brick wall. You can talk (write) about anything regarding your passion.
The fun part 2 – Your online business traffic now
Just like any other business, you will need people coming into your “store”. You will need A LOT of people coming in.
The main concern for this is your position in the search engine result page. You will need to work on your SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You want to have your website on the first page of Google, Yahoo!, or Bing. I will tell you how to do this if you join me in this training.
Why the first page of the search engine? Because people do not want to check page 2 or any other pages after that. The first page is the premium position. Luckily, you do not have to pay to be on the first page. All you have to do is pay attention to your SEO.
The fun part 3 – Your online business earnings now
When you have a good traffic, it is the right time to start making money online. Yes, this is the weirdest advice that you will hear. Make sure you have a steady traffic coming into your website first, then monetize it.
Why not monetize it early? Unless you have your own products, affiliate marketing programs will need you to have a good traffic. They will not let you display their products without a chance of being seen by other people.
I really recommend affiliate marketing programs as a way to earn money online. You can check my #1 recommendation in affiliate programs.
You will make a commission from the sales that happened through your website. This is why traffic is important. Let’s just say that you have a 1,000 visitors a day. And 10% of them click a link of product that you promote. That’s 100 clicks a day. Let’s say that only 10 people buy the product. You have 10 sales a day. That’s 300 sales a month.
If one sale worth $100, you have a $30,000 monthly sales. If the commission is 4%, you make a monthly income of $1,200. That is $144,000 in a year. (Amazon initial rate is 4%, and it will grow as your sales grow).
The fun part 4 – Repeat and expand.
Yes, really. You just have to do all the stuff above all over again. Write more articles. Post them regularly. Start another niche if you want to.
What if I don’t know anything about starting an online business now?
Do not worry. I am not a website building wizard. Actually, I have no clues at all on how to build a website when I started.
I was looking for a work from home opportunity. I really want to work from home as I watch my daughter grows. I was totally a newbie to internet marketing. I was very cautious to internet scams. They are masquerading as legit online business opportunities.
I spent days and hours reading a lot of online business opportunities. Some are good, others are too good to be true. Most of them ask for my credit card details at the very beginning.
I can only find ONE that gives a free access and membership without giving out any financial information. The greatest thing about it is this is a learning platform for online business. I learn everything about building a website, making contents and how to monetize it here at Wealthy Affiliate. And it is all for FREE. You can read my full review for this “online business university” here.
- You are at the right place to find more information on starting an online business.
- You need a website to build your online business.
- You need to surround yourself with like-minded people. Join a community!
- Learn and learn and learn. Starting a legit online business is not an easy task but doable.
- Have the resilience to make it a success.
Tell Me What You Are Thinking About
Wow. That is a really long read, right? But I have fun writing this information for you.
I hope you already have a basic understanding of starting an online business now. If you have any more questions, feel free to leave them in the comment section below.
If you find this useful, please share this article.